Friday, December 14, 2007

Hillary's New Theme: Worse than the Old One

(Per memeorandum)

The Clinton campaign showed off its new theme today, after the disastrous results of the "electability" meme, together with its subsidiary "the Republicans will accuse Obama of being a drug dealer" argument. The theme may actually be worse than the old one, and even manages to include the "electability" theme.

Per TNR:

"I’ve been tested, I’ve been vetted," she said. "There are no surprises. There’s not going to be anybody saying, 'I didn’t think of that, my goodness, what’s that going to mean?'"

"I'm a known quantity," she added at the press conference, at which she recieved the endorsement of Iowa Democratic Congressman Leonard Boswell. "We need to nominate a candidate who can win."

In an election where the Democrat-controlled Congress and the Republican President are BOTH at historically low approval ratings, it would seem that the last thing the voters want is a candidate who essentially says "you will get nothing new if I'm President."