Tuesday, January 15, 2008

You Know It's Getting Ugly When....

I've only been loosely following the Obama-Hillary tiff over race and gender. My sympathies largely lie with Obama, but I don't think either side has covered themselves in glory. In any event, I think the latest salvos fired by Clinton's surrogates are among the worst yet.

Reading that article that I linked to above, I realized the biggest symbol of how ugly this dispute has gotten, though: Sheila Jackson-Lee is trying to be a peacemaker! When things have gone too far for the woman who once had a 180% turnover amongst her staff in one year....well, it might be time to take a step back.

I don't have many rules in life, but when Sheila Jackson-Lee is trying to be the voice of reason, that's usually a pretty good indicator that your feud has reached the point of absurdity.