Tuesday, September 16, 2008

As a light-hearted although mildly sarcastic reminder...

I am seeing all sorts of know-nothing types spouting off about greed, I thought it would be a good opportunity to put things in perspective by using one of my favorite YouTube clips:

Here is Milton Friedman giving Phil Donahue a lesson on greed:



I decided to put this up after reading a Bloomberg article that has John McCain pulling a John Edwards:

McCain struck a strongly populist tone, blaming greed and corruption for putting American workers and the economy at risk.

``Too many people on Wall Street have been recklessly wagering instead of making the sound investments we expected of them,'' McCain told a crowd today in Tampa, Florida. ``If I am president, we are not going to tolerate that anymore.''

I hope I am not the only one who sees the arrogance and insolence in these statements. I wasn't aware we were voting for Financial Planner-in Chief.