Wednesday, January 9, 2008

A Heartfelt Appeal to the Ghostwriter

Wendy McElroy has a heartfelt appeal to the ghostwriter behind the Ron Paul newsletters that have destroyed his campaign and now threaten to sully libertarianism itself. I don't know the person to whom she is referring, as I have not traveled in libertarian circles for nearly enough years (though she gives some pretty strong hints). McElroy pleads that the ghostwriter out himself and provide an accounting of the events:

I am addressing an appeal to this man. Damage is being done to the libertarian movement (see Radley Balko's analysis) and to Ron Paul. Frankly, I don't give a flying fuck about the latter...but I know you do. Will you now do the decent thing for libertarianism and come forward to acknowledge responsibility for the material being used against your mentor?

For the sake of libertarianism, I can only hope the ghostwriter comes forward and provides a full accounting.