Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Sadness Sets In

It's been a long time since I felt this punched in the stomach by the political process. I suppose I would have felt this bad after Bush v. Gore, except I was a loyal Republican (though still a McCain supporter) at the time.

I'd say South Carolina in 2000 was pretty bad, since I saw Bush then in much the same vein as I see Hillary now: an uninspiring candidate who does more to fulfill a revenge fantasy than a worthy leader. The difference being that at the time I figured that any Republican would be better than Al Gore. I was wrong. I fear that Dems made the same mistake tonight.

It looks like she won it in the afternoon and evening- the early exit polls showed a big day for Obama; the final ones, not so much.

Combined with the extent of today's Paul revelations, the it's been a bad day for the independent-minded voter. At least we can take some solace that Romney is 0-2.